Effective Date: February 10, 2014
Here are a few general principles to keep in mind as you read through this Policy:
- The Site is owned and operated by Omega Protein Corporation (referred to in this Policy as “we,” “us,” “our” and other similar pronouns).
- This Policy does not apply to any websites, or areas of any website, that are directed to kids under 13.
- As our business evolves, this Policy may change, so check back to this page periodically to make sure you understand how your Personal Information will be treated.
- This Policy does not apply to information that you may provide to us, or that we may obtain, other than through our Site, such as over the phone, by mail, or in person.
- If you are located outside of the United States, you should know that the information you provide to us is being transmitted to us and processed in the United States and will be protected subject to this Policy and United States laws, which may not be as protective as the laws in your country.
What information is collected on this Site?
“Personal Information” is information that can be used to identify you as an individual or allow someone to contact you, as well as information attributed with such information. We may collect Personal Information such as your name, company name, postal addresses, e-mail addresses, telephone numbers, and wireless device addresses (including text message addresses). For example, we collect Personal Information when you sign up for our newsletters; engage in a promotion; create an account on our Site; enter sweepstakes and contests; complete surveys, quizzes or questionnaires; or submit a comment or question to us using a “contact us” or similar feature on the Site.
Site Usage Information
As is the case with many websites, our servers may automatically collect your IP address when you visit our Site, and we may associate that with your domain name or that of your Internet access provider. We may also capture certain “clickstream data” pertaining to your Site usage. Clickstream data includes, for example, information about your computer or device, Web browser and operating system and their settings, the referring page that linked you to the Site, the pages, content or ads you see or click on during your visit and when and for how long you do so, items you download, and any search terms you have entered on the Site.
How is your information used?
We may use the Personal Information we collect from and about you to perform the following business functions:
- Responding to your requests, questions, and concerns
- Enabling users to use our Site and its features
- Developing new features and offerings on the Site
- Consistent with any communications preferences you have set on this Site, sending you or calling you with marketing and other communications, including information about products, services, and events that we think might interest you.
- Protecting our rights and property
To perform the above functions, we may match information collected from you through different means or at different times, including both Personal Information and Site Usage Information, and use such information along with information obtained from other sources (including third parties) such as demographic information and updated contact information. We or our service providers may also use your information to assess the level of interest in, and use of, the Site, our e-mails, and our other messaging campaigns both on an individual basis and in the aggregate.
The success of our business depends on your trust, and we do not sell your Personal Information to marketers outside of Omega Protein. We share your Personal Information only with our affiliated companies and as described below.
Third-party service providers. We rely on third-party service providers to perform a variety of services on our behalf. In so doing, we may need to share your Personal Information with them. Please note that we provide our service providers with only the Personal Information they need to perform their services and we require that they protect this information and not use it for any other purpose.
For example, we may rely on a service provider to:
- Host our sites and deliver our email and mobile messages
- Mail product samples, contact contest winners, or take other actions on our behalf
- Analyze data, sometimes combined with other sources, to send more targeted communications to you
- Conduct research and analyze data to improve our products, services, and sites
Other situations. We may disclose your Personal Information:
- With your express consent
- In the event of a merger, acquisition, financing, or sale of assets or any other situation involving the transfer of some or all of our business assets
- Upon lawful request, in response to legal process, and when required to comply with laws
- To protect and defend the rights, property, and safety of Omega Protein, our employees, agents, customers, and others
We may also share aggregated or anonymized information that does not directly identify you.
Your Access Rights
You have the right to opt in to or opt out of our use and disclosure of your Personal Information. For example, when you are asked to provide Personal Information on this Site, you may have the opportunity to elect to, or not to, receive messages from us by e-mail. You can opt-out of our promotional emails by clicking on the “unsubscribe” or “opt-out” link within the e-mail you receive. Please understand that it may take us a few days to process any opt out request and that even if you opt out of receiving promotional correspondence from us, we may still contact you in connection with your relationship, activities, transactions and communications with us.
We are committed to keeping Personal Information secure. We have appropriate technical, administrative and physical procedures in place to protect Personal Information from loss, misuse or alteration. We limit access to Personal Information to those who have a business need. We keep personal information only for a reasonably needed amount of time. When we provide your Personal Information to our third party service providers, we require those companies to protect the information and to not use the information for any other purpose. While we take these reasonable efforts to safeguard your personal information, no system or transmission of data over the internet or any other public network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure.
“Linked-To” Web Sites
The Site may contain links, banners, widgets, or advertisements that lead to other Web sites. We are not responsible for these other sites, and so their posted privacy policies (not this Policy) will govern the collection and use of your information on them. We encourage you to read the privacy statements of each Web site visited after leaving the Site to learn about how your information is treated by others.
We may update this Policy from time to time. When we do, we will let you know by posting the changed Policy on this page with a new date at the top of the Policy. We encourage you to check this Policy when you visit this site for any updates or changes. We will notify you of any modified versions of this Policy that might materially affect the way we use or disclose your Personal Information.
If you have any questions or comments regarding this Policy or our privacy practices, you may contact us at:
Omega Protein Corporation
Attn: Marketing Dept.
2105 City West Blvd., Suite 500
Houston, TX 77042